Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Best Taco Soup!

It's been forever, I know!! I will try to be better about posting! :)

Ok so I really don't like taco soup.. I've eaten it a few times because.. honestly, I didn't want to be rude. But, I'm the type of person who gets these urges to try things I haven't liked in the past.. After all, maybe it was just that recipe that I wasn't a fan of. So, I decided to give taco soup a second chance when I saw a recipe that wasn't like any of the past ones I've had. Usually they are really thin and kind of bland. The first thing I noticed about this recipe is that it was chunky. I like chunky.. plus it had diced green chilies in it.. I'll eat almost anything with diced green chilies in it. lol. I am definitely making this more often.. We ate it a few days ago and I've been eating it everyday for lunch since. It makes a TON! So, I froze some(hope that turns out).
tacosoupweb

Simple Taco Soup
2 lbs ground beef (I actually only used one.. oops.. still seemed like enough to me)
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 1/2 cups water
1 (15 ounce) can mild chili beans
1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained (I didn't have these so I used black)
1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (aka rotel)
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
1 (1 ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix

In a Dutch oven or large kettle, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

We topped ours with a dollop of sour cream and some cheddar cheese.. Dipped chips in it and it was oooohhh so good! I think it would also be awesome with some diced up avocado thrown on top.

No comments: