Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Key Lime Pie Cupcakes

So, a friend of mine brought some of these babies over to our house.. I took a bite of one and I was in heaven! I ended up eating my husbands too.. he is not big on sweets, so he was ok with it. :) Anyway, I got the recipe from my friend and also found out what book it was in. 101 gourmet cupcakes in 10 minutes. I went out and bought it! A lot of the cupcakes sound so yummy in it! I made these and took them to a family get together this weekend.. A lot of my family asked for me to post the recipe. I don't have a photo but I'll try to get one next time I make them because I KNOW there will be a next time!

HMP_1976
(had to top with green sugar sprinkles because the grocery store I went to didn't have any limes.. how crazy?!)
Key Lime Pie Cupcakes

1 box white cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup half and half
6 Tbsp key lime juice (I just used fresh lime juice)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 recipe whipped cream
4 Tbsp grated lime peel for garnish

Mix together cake mix, eggs, half and half and 3 TBSP lime juice. Pour 1-2 TBSP batter into each paper liner. In separate bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk and the rest of the lime juice. Evenly divide lime milk into batter filled cups. Top with remaining batter filling 3/4 full.
Bake at 350 for 15-18 mins or until cake springs back when touched lightly. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
Frost with whipped cream and garnish with lime peel.

Whipped Cream
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Pour cream into large mixing bowl and start mixing at low speed. Gradually increase speed until cream thickens and soft peaks form. Turn off mixer and add sugar. Start slowly again and beat until stiff peaks form. The stiffer the cream, the easier it is to frost. keep refrigerated.

1 comment:

Kaitlyn said...

They were delicious! great job heddo!